Thursday, October 8, 2009

What I Revised in Article Summary

There were a few changes I made after reading the comments. First, I realized that transitions between paragraphs needed to make more sense and smoothly lead into the paragraph. I reworded a few of the transitions in an attempt to ease the reading. I also realized that one of the questions that was presented in the beginning of the 3rd paragraph was stated in a way that may have been confusing at first glance. I even had a hard time realizing what this question asked when I did a quick run-through of the paper, so I switched the wording so that it would be more general. In the 3rd paragraph I also realized that I had left out the title of the article, so I added that. In the 4th paragraph I reworded the findings of the research from the article. I had at first said “their article provides numerous statistics which helps support…” without describing how they presented the statistics. And lastly, in the conclusion I elaborated more on the legislative action I would suggest. In the rough draft I said that “I feel more legislative action is needed, including laws in this great state of Michigan…” without explaining what type of legislation that I feel this nation needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment